Strada vicinale San Francesco, 25015 Desenzano del Garda BS, Italy
Opens Friday, April 20, 2019 Closes Sunday, September 30, 2019
Camping Village San Francesco is situated on the southern side of Lake Garda and has direct access to the lake beach where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the mountains and the picturesque medieval fortress of Sirmione. The tree-lined shore provides a perfect place to relax in the shade and the shallow water around the pebbly beach area is ideal for a refreshing swim. There is also a jetty for launching boats, and the option of hiring pedalos and canoes. The popular bar/restaurant offers a variety of local dishes and from the terrace there is a lovely view of the lake, especially at night when the far shores come alive with hundreds of lights. All our accommodations are located just a short distance from each other, in the main lakeside camping area. A pedestrian underpass links this camping area with the fantastic swimming pools including the colourful children’s fun pool.
Next to the pools is the entertainment venue as well as the sports facilities, including football, basketball, volleyball and tennis. Boat trips are available from the nearby towns of Sirmione or Desenzano; ideal for visits to the traditional villages dotted along the shores of Lake Garda. This region also has excellent transport links which take you to the splendid cities of Verona (45 minutes) or Venice and Milan (2 hours).
- Nearby: Sirmione 3 mls, Desenzano 4 mls
- Campsite Size: 349 Pitches
- Nearest Beach: Direct access to pebbly lake beach
- Pools: Swimming pool * Children’s pool with fountains and water jets
- * Pools open 27/4-16/9
- * Swimming hats required
- Sports & Leisure: Multi-sport pitch * Football * Tennis * Table tennis * Pedalo, canoe, jet ski (licence required) and boat hire * Fishing (permit required) * Bicycle hire (HS) * 2 Children’s play areas * Games room * Excursions * Day and evening entertainment (6 days/week, 16/6-9/9) * Children’s club (6 days/week, 16/6-9/9)
- Services: Supermarket * Restaurant/Pizzeria/Bar * Takeaway * Pool snack bar (HS) * Ice cream kiosk * Newsagent * Bazaar * Doctor (on call in HS) * Laundry facilities * Internet point * WiFi * Mooring buoy hire
- Barbecue: Charcoal grill provided on your pitch
- Mini-tent: Not allowed
- Pets: Allowed in the tents only, no max.
- Water sports (900 yds) * Boat trips (4 mls) * Go karting (9 mls) * Gardaland theme park (10 mls)
- Gardaland Sea Life aquarium (10 mls) * Canevaworld & Movieland (13 mls) * Sigurtà garden park (15 mls)
- Parco Natura Viva Fauna & safari park (16 mls) * Rimbalzello Adventure tree climbing course (18 mls)
- Varone caves & waterfall park (59 mls)
- Sirmione (3 mls) – Historic town with a 13th-century castle and the Grotte di Catullo.
- Peschiera del Garda (4 mls) – A pretty little Renaissance town at the southern shore of the lake.
- Desenzano (4 mls) – Beautiful lakeside port of Roman origin with a popular market.
- Venice (95 mls) – Visit the famous St Mark’s Square, easily accessible by train or car.
Tourist tax is not included in the price and will be charged on arrival at the campsite. The 2017 tourist tax rate was €0.60 per person (from 15 years) per night.
The maximum capacity allowed per pitch is 6 persons for all tents and 2-bedroom mobile homes and 7 persons for all 3-bedroom mobile homes.
No Tuesday arrivals and departures on this campsite.
- Friendly lakeside resort
- Near to theme parks
- Excellent facilities